Monday, August 30, 2010

Instructor Testimony

Periodically I ask instructors to tell us about Blackboard and how Instructional Technology has impacted their teaching. This week Dr. Linda Raughton, English Adjunct shares with us:

Changing to Blackboard 9 coincided perfectly with the technology training, offered this summer. As a Distance Education instructor, I have now incorporated Wimba Tools, Voice Board, Voice Announcements, and SafeAssign in each of my three online courses. In addition, each course now boasts a personalized, decorative banner that I have never had before. One banner even supports an eye-catching animated "Welcome" to the course. If I ever need to use an Elmo in a face-to-face environment, I have some new tricks such as folding a sheet in half with questions on one side and answers on the other for lesson demonstration. Thanks to our training, I definitely am more comfortable navigating Blacboard 9.


Dr. Linda G. Raughton
Adjunct English Instructor

Northeast Alabama Community College

No comments:

Post a Comment